- 1 lb butter
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 6 large egg yolks
- jam (pineapple, apricot, or raspberry)
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut butter and sugar into flour as you would for a pie crust.
- Add egg yolks and mix.
- Form into walnut sized balls and chill overnight.
- Flatten each one with the bottom of a glass on a lightly floured surface.
- Make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your thumb and fill with a small amount of jam.
- Place on an ungreased pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.