Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A solar cooked version of pinto beans.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 smoked pork chops, chopped (fully cooked)
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb presoaked pinto beans
- water, to cover 1/2 inch above bean mixture
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano or 1 teaspoon mediterranean dried oregano, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a solar cooking pot & place in your solar cooker.
- Solar cook until beans are fully cooked (about 4-5 hours).
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve over rice.