1/1 Photo of Solar Cooked Pinto Beans
4 hrs 10 mins
A solar cooked version of pinto beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 smoked pork chops, chopped (fully cooked)
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb presoaked pinto beans
- water, to cover 1/2 inch above bean mixture
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano or 1 teaspoon mediterranean dried oregano, to taste
- 1Combine all ingredients in a solar cooking pot & place in your solar cooker.
- 2Solar cook until beans are fully cooked (about 4-5 hours).
- 3Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- 4Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solar Cooked Pinto Beans
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 777.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked pork chops