1/1 Photo of Solar Cooked Irish Soda Bread
3 hrs 10 mins
This was inspired by the traditional Irish soda bread. Please watch how we prepared it on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs0B0_hdVFw&feature=channel_page
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- 2Add about 1 cup of yogurt into the flour mixture and stir together.
- 3Transfer on a floured surface and knead.
- 4Add remaining yogurt as needed until the dough comes together to form a slightly sticky ball.
- 5Place in a lightly greased solar cooking pan or pot.
- 6Flatten slightly and use a knife to score an X on top of the dough.
- 7Brush the top of the dough lightly with water.
- 8Place inside the solar cooker.
- 9Solar cook until it is fully cooked and golden brown (about 3 hours).
- 10Slice and serve with butter or fruit preserves.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solar Cooked Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.2
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.9 mg
- Sodium 411.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g