Recipe by SunshineCooking
This was inspired by the traditional Irish soda bread. Please watch how we prepared it on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs0B0_hdVFw&feature=channel_page
Top Review by base_form_one
I used this recipe for the maiden voyage of my solar windshield shade cooker. This is a perfect beginner recipe. It took me 5 minutes to prepare and turned out beautifully with great flavor. It didn't brown much and took longer than expected, but I expect that was due to my inexperience. (I also did not watch the YouTube video.)
When the bread was finished, my cooker peaked at 225 degrees at 2:30 in the afternoon, outside temperature 95 degrees.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add about 1 cup of yogurt into the flour mixture and stir together.
- Transfer on a floured surface and knead.
- Add remaining yogurt as needed until the dough comes together to form a slightly sticky ball.
- Place in a lightly greased solar cooking pan or pot.
- Flatten slightly and use a knife to score an X on top of the dough.
- Brush the top of the dough lightly with water.
- Place inside the solar cooker.
- Solar cook until it is fully cooked and golden brown (about 3 hours).
- Slice and serve with butter or fruit preserves.