Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our solar cooked version of the German potato salad. Please watch how we prepared it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udlD6MtlVyo&feature=channel_page
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 solar cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 2 solar cooked red new potatoes (cubed with skin on)
- kosher salt, pinch
- 2 slices bacon, solar cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of reserved bacon fat
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cayenne, onions, black pepper, and egg in a medium bowl. Stir together until combined.
- Refrigerate the dressing for 1/2 hour to allow the onions to marinate.
- While potatoes are still hot, season them with salt then add them into the bowl of dressing.
- Add crumbled bacon, bacon fat, and parsley. Fold all ingredients together.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.
Thanks for the great recipe! I'm new to solar cooking and I was so happy to find your recipes. I plan on trying a lot of them. This one is a keeper. Thanks again!