Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A solar cooked version of our chicken curry recipe. Please watch how we prepared it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csiEoHNpsfA&feature=channel_page
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Marinade chicken for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine chicken, garlic, ginger, red onion, curry powder, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 tablespoons of cilantro in a solar cooking pot and place in your solar cooker.
- Solar cook until chicken is fully cooked (about 2-3 hours).
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, garnish with remaining cilantro and basil leaves.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve over rice.