1/1 Photo of Solar Cooked Algerian Chakchouka With Eggs
3 hrs 10 mins
This is our solar cooked recipe for Chakchouka. Please watch the video on YouTube to see how we prepared it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WFBQVfRoLM&feature=channel_page
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup , frozen tri-colored bell pepper strips thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced thinly
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon of cold unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- 1Combine tomatoes and peppers in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper. Then add 1 tablespoons of the olive oil. Toss ingredients together.
- 2Transfer to a dark round 9 inch cake pan and place the vegetable mixture on one side.
- 3On the other side of the pan, add onions, garlic, and paprika. Season with salt & pepper. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the onion- garlic mixture and put the butter on top.
- 4Place the pan of vegetable mixture in the solar cooker.
- 5Solar cook for 2 hours until the vegetables have softened then stir all ingredients together in the pan to combine.
- 6Solar cook for one more hour. Meanwhile, crack the eggs open into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7After a total of 3 hours of solar cooking the Chakchouka vegetable mixture, (When the vegetables look fully cooked and roasted), Use a wooden spoon to make 4 small indentations in the vegetable mixture to hold the eggs. Carefully pour one egg into each indentation.
- 8Continue to solar cook until the eggs are fully cooked (about 20-25 minutes).
- 9Garnish with parsley and serve with rice or with bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Solar Cooked Algerian Chakchouka With Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 215.3 mg
- Sodium 401.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: