1/3 Photos of Soho Globs
These were made at the Soho Charcuterie, a popular restaurant in New York in the 1980's. They are the perfect combination of a bittersweet chocolate flavor with a chewy consistency, studded with pecans and chocolate chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature (3/4 stick)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat the oven to 325*F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease them lightly with vegetable oil.
- 2Melt the 8 ounces of semisweet and unsweetened chocolate and the butter in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water. Allow it to cool slightly.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a small bowl and set aside.
- 4Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs, vanilla, and espresso powder in a medium bowl until they are mixed together, about 10 seconds.
- 5Add the sugar to the egg mixture and blend it all until thick, about 1 minute. Scrape bowl.
- 6Add the melted chocolate and blend 1 minute more. Now scrape the bowl again.
- 7Add the flour mixture on low speed and mix until blended, 10 seconds. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts by hand. Drop the dough by generously rounded tbsl. about 2" apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- 8Bake the cookies until they rise slightly and form a thin crust, about 13 minutes. Immediately move the cookies from the cookie sheets to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Nutritional Facts for Soho Globs
Serving Size: 1 (836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 82.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g