Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Peter Russell Clark Recipe, named after his farm where he would cook this up for Sunday lunch.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 125 g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 8 slices rindless bacon
- 1 pinch oregano
- Lay the eggs in the bottom of a greased heat-proof dish.
- Saute onions in butter until soft and then add the skinned tomatoes, mushrooms, oregano and pepper, cook gently for approx 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and then pour the mixture over the eggs and lay the bcaon rashers on top.
- Pop the dish under the grill (broiler) until bacon is crisp and golden.
These are great! Makes a pretty brunch dish. Thanks, Mandy! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #61.