Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Put here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Softest Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (heaping & tightly packed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 cups oatmeal
- Blend shortening, butter, & sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs & vanilla. Blend well.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, & cinnamon. Mix.
- Add in oatmeal & any desired mix-ins (raisins, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.).
- Fully mix all ingredients.
- Roll into balls on cookie sheet. Flatten with palm of hand (This is key!).
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.