Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Original recipe from this website - Softest Ever Bread Machine Bread by KC_Cooker, modified to use spelt flour, and my Black & Decker Bread machine with a 3 lb. loaf pan. This loaf almost fills the pan. Note: The rapid bake cycle on my bread machine is approx. 2 hours long. I have noticed that some bread machines have a super rapid cycle of approx. 1 hour. I doubt this recipe would work on a super rapid cycle. (Note on nutrition values: the nutrition values for the spelt flour is not included in the nutrition table. It appears Food.com does not have spelt flour in their database.)
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C, microwave approx. 50 seconds with room temperature water)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups spelt flour (light or all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the water, sugar and yeast in the loaf pan of the bread machine.
- Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, flour and salt to the loaf pan.
- Select the Rapid Bake, Light Crust setting, and press Start.
- Help unstuck any flour from the sides during the first mix cycle. Add additional flour or liquid, if needed. I didn't need to.
- My bread machine has a 7 minute power failure backup feature. I unplug the bread machine during the last rise cycle for 5 minutes. This gives a lighter loaf when finished.
- When baked, the internal temperature should be between 190°F and 200°F.
- When finished baking, let cool 1 hour on a rack before storing in a plastic bag (I use a zip-lock). The loaf can be sliced and frozen, if desired.