Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; add the egg and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini, nuts, raisins, and orange peel.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
Very good cookie. I had to adjust my cooking time and temperature 20min at 375F. These cookies were shared and appreciated.
these came out completely flat for me, because i was out of butter and used "smart balance" margerine - not at all baking safe. Nevertheless, they tasted so amazing that I scraped them all off the cookie sheet and ate them like cereal. Will make again soon, (with BUTTER, of course; and with the raisins).
These are nice and soft. I made them a little bigger than in the recipe is it's like having a mini cake. Awesome.