1/2 Photos of Soft White Dinner Rolls
2 hrs 15 mins
soft white easy to make dinner rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dough
- 3 1/2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 3 teaspoons other instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- vegetable oil, for bowl and baking sheet
For the toppings
- 1In a large bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- 2In a small saucepan, combine milk and butter, and place over low heat until milk is lukewarm.
- 3Pour into bowl of dry ingredients, and mix with a fork to make a rough dough, adding more flour if necessary.
- 4Using a mixer with dough hook, or by hand, knead dough until smooth and silky.
- 5Place in an oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- 6Let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- 7Punch air out of dough.
- 8Oil a baking sheet, and set aside.
- 9Pull off pieces of dough the size of walnuts, and form into round balls.
- 10Place on baking sheet almost touching, about 1/4 inch apart, in 6 rows of 5 each.
- 11Cover with a kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place 30 minutes.
- 12Meanwhile, heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 13When rolls have risen, make a glaze by beating together the egg, milk and salt.
- 14Paint rolls with glaze.
- 15Sprinkle one row with sesame seeds and the next with poppy seeds; leave the third row plain, and then repeat pattern.
- 16(A teaspoon of seeds should decorate 2 rows.) Bake rolls until risen and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- 17Transfer to a cooling rack or serve immediately.
- 18To serve, place on a plate so rolls can be torn off to be eaten.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft White Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (939 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.6
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 250.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g