soft white easy to make dinner rolls.
Make and share this Soft White Dinner Rolls recipe from Food.com.
For the dough
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 3 teaspoons other instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- vegetable oil, for bowl and baking sheet
For the toppings
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- In a large bowl, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and butter, and place over low heat until milk is lukewarm.
- Pour into bowl of dry ingredients, and mix with a fork to make a rough dough, adding more flour if necessary.
- Using a mixer with dough hook, or by hand, knead dough until smooth and silky.
- Place in an oiled bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch air out of dough.
- Oil a baking sheet, and set aside.
- Pull off pieces of dough the size of walnuts, and form into round balls.
- Place on baking sheet almost touching, about 1/4 inch apart, in 6 rows of 5 each.
- Cover with a kitchen towel, and let rise in a warm place 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 425 degrees.
- When rolls have risen, make a glaze by beating together the egg, milk and salt.
- Paint rolls with glaze.
- Sprinkle one row with sesame seeds and the next with poppy seeds; leave the third row plain, and then repeat pattern.
- (A teaspoon of seeds should decorate 2 rows.) Bake rolls until risen and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack or serve immediately.
- To serve, place on a plate so rolls can be torn off to be eaten.