1 hr 5 mins
I found this delicious recipe at the celiac.com website. I've only made it once, but it turned out fabulous! I made it into 4 small loaves, but the recipe recommends 2 medium sized loaves. Reviewers that used 1 large sized loaf tended to say that it didn't get all the way done in the center, hence my choice of the 4 loaf pan. The bread was really moist and spongy/springy. Not dry and crumbly like so many GF breads. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the four liquid ingredients in a small bowl and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2Then mix above dry ingredients in a large bowl, and add the butter mixture and yeast mixture to the dry ingredients.
- 3Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- 4Use two small greased bread pans, as one large one seems to cause the bread to rise too high and become like a mushroom.
- 5If desired brush with a mixture of egg and water, sprinkle sesame seed or poppy seeds over top, before baking.
- 6Allow to rise in pan, then bake at 350 degrees 20 - 25 minutes.
- 7Adjust time depending on size of loaves.
- 8Can also be made as sandwich rolls, as indicated below:
- 9use small individual pie tins (about 4 across, purchase in paper goods supply store, round out the bottom crease with your thumb and finger, or press the tin down on the bottom of a jar the appropriate size to round out the crease, these may be reused time and time again) spray the tins with cooking oil, divide dough to make about 12 sandwich rolls, place pie tins on two cookie sheets, allow to rise.
- 10If desired brush with a mixture of egg and water, sprinkle sesame seed or poppy seeds over top, before baking.
- 11Bake until nicely browned in 15 -20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft White Bread (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.7
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 127.1 mg
- Sodium 741.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: