Recipe by Leahferne
I got the main recipe from Juju Bee but I had to tweak a lot of it so I thought I would post the changes I had to make. The cookies turned out Heavenly and distinctly snickerdoodle. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have. Happy cooking :)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 small eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar, to replace cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (I like to use sea salt)
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar (set aside)
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon (set aside)
Directions See How It's Made
- In one mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt together. Mix.
- In another bowl combine softened butter, vanilla, sugar and eggs.
- Mix to a well blended batter.
- Add the white vinegar, stir and pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture.
- Stir with a wooden spoon till the batter becomes stiff and even in color.
- Place the batter and baking sheet in the fridge to cool for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- During this time, preheat the oven to 260°F, then in a small, shallow bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon that you set aside.
- Mix with a fork till the sugar and cinnamon become even with each other.
- Once the batter and baking sheet have cooled, use a teaspoon to scoop batter from the bowl.
- Roll batter into a ball and gently roll around in the cinnamon and sugar till there is an even layer all over the ball.
- Place on the chilled, ungreased baking sheet setting each ball about an inch and half apart from one another.
- Bake cookies between 15 and 20 minutes.
- Remove from sheet immediately. Then enjoy the creation you have made.