Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used instant mash potatoes, but if you have the real thing on hand use that! The mashed potatoes are an interesting twist to the standard taco.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3⁄4 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- 12 corn tortillas
- taco sauce
- In a skillet, slowly cook ground beef until lightly browned.
- Add the minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add minced green onions, chopped lettuce and mashed potatoes; simmer slowly for about 7 minutes.
- In hot oil, heat tortillas, one at a time just until softened; blot dry with paper towels; stack and keep warm.
- Put about 1 tbsp on each tortilla; add your favorite taco sauce.
- Roll up.
These soft tacos were quite good. However, they could have been a bit more spicy. I served them with spicy salsa, guacomole, and sour cream. When making these again, I don't think I will add the simmered chopped lettuce because I could not taste it, but I will add more green onions and possibly a bit of shredded cheese. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2008.