Recipe by dayla
This cookie is a wonderful soft cookie that will keep you sneaking more after the kids go to bed. I think I have seen these cookies being called lady fingers also. Yummy any time of the year, but just remind me of Christmas!!!!
Top Review by Karenm3
I thought this recipe was really good, I omitted the chilling time and used a cookie press to make the cookies instead of rolling them out. I would decrease the oven temp though 400 was much to high and I shortened the baking time to 6 min. maybe my oven gets to hot. nice tasting cookie
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in dry ingredients.
- Add milk and mix.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
- Glaze with your favorite glaze or with this frosting:.
- 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter, 1 tsp vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add more powdered sugar if frosting is too thin.
- Add food coloring if desired and spread on cookies.
- Very tasty.