Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I haven't made this recipe yet, but I plan to this Easter. I got this recipe from the "Backyard Farmer" viewers recipe book. I love a good soft sugar cookie with some sugar sprinkled on top and this one sounds good. Let me know what you think of it.....
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweet cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 cups sifted flour
- Cream sugar and butter thoroughly.
- Stir in eggs, sweet cream and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients and add.
- Chill before rolling.
- Take our a small amount at a time and roll about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut our and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 for 7 to 8 minutes.
- (Do not overbake or these will not remain soft. ).
- Remove from oven when just brown around the edges.
These are good and buttery. I halved the recipe and used whole wheat pastry flour. I also didn't roll out the dough, I just dropped them onto the cookie sheet. They are so soft that they are an eating sugar cookie not a decorating sugar cookie. Very tasty.