Recipe by Kim127
Cookies with a nice flavor of spices. Cook time does not include chilling time.
Top Review by Rita~
First posted Dec 7, 2003 These would have been most definitely 5 stars. You must grease the pans!!!!! I had to toss a lot of them out. Couldn`t get them off the pan. My DH chisled at and ate the cookies while he watched TV.I will be making these again but with a greased pan! Second time making these and I used parchment paper. Came out great!Yummy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Beat at low speed until well mixed, about 3 minutes.
- Cover and chill until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.