Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Soft version of gingersnap cookies...lots of spice.
Make and share this Soft & Spicy Gingersnap Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon clove
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, diced
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
- In another bowl cream together the sugars and butter
- Add egg, molasses and crystallized ginger and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Cover dough and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Spoon balls of dough and roll in sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to another surface to cool.