- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, 1 cup of sugar and molasses.
- Beat in egg until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt; stir into the molasses mixture. Spread into a greased 15 x 10-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Do not overbake. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.