These snickerdoodle cookies are so delicious, and they have the best texture. They are so fast to put together too! I actually got it from an old recipe that my Great Grandma had clipped out of a newspaper. Grandma always knows best!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
- Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately.