Recipe by HokiesMom
A soft macaroon that uses sherbert and cake mix to make them very simple to make. You can change the background flavor by changing the type of sherbet. I usually use pineapple sherbet but my friend made them with raspberry and they had a very unique flavor.
- 1 pint sherbet, softened (any flavor)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 6 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sherbet, almond extract, and dry cake mix; mix well.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.