Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
OK, I admit I have NOT tried this recipe but JUST in case some of you adventurous types are interested....ha, ha! I posted this recipe after researching the possibility of eating 17 yr. Cicada's. My entire yard is COVERED with them!
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 60 freshly emerged 17 year cicadas
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup corn oil or 1 cup salted butter
- Marinate cicadas, alive in a sealed container, in Worcestershire sauce for several hours.*.
- Dip them, in beaten egg, roll them in the seasoned flour and then gently saute them until they are golden brown.
Taste like chicken? lol..