Recipe by gailanng
The 'new' taco.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Yum! This was tasty! The meat was perfectly seasoned. These were a nice change from regular tacos and alot healthier than the regular ones that are made with ground beef and the seasoning packet full of salt and chemicals. Thanks, GailAnn!
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, cut into very thin strips
- 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder or 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- 8 flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chili powder, salt, black pepper and oil. Toss with the steak strips.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the coleslaw, lime juice, mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, garlic, cumin, jalapeno, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the steak and cook to desired doneness.
- To assemble, place equal amounts of steak on tortillas, top with coleslaw and cheddar, if using; roll up.