Soft-Shell Crab With Lemon Butter
- Make the coating: in a shallow dish, stir the all the coating ingredients together.
- Remove the feeler underneath the crab shells on both sides; rinse the crab and dry carefully.
- In a big skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with the vegetable oil; add in shallots and saute until lightly softened, about 1 minute.
- Roll the crabs in the flour mixture and place them in the skillet; saute, turning once, for about 3 minutes on each side.
- When they have finished cooking and have turned pink, add the lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and cook another minute or two.
- Make sure the garlic is cooked but not browned; taste for seasoning.
- Transfer the crabs to individual plates and garnish with lemon and parsley; serve immediately.