Recipe by Marie
This recipe makes wonderfully soft rolls to use for your sandwiches or burgers, etc. Recipe courtesy of Quick Cooking.
Top Review by Monstr
These are very tasty. My kids loved them! I used them as hamburger buns, but I'm sure it would make good dinner rolls too. I divided the dough into about 15 pieces, rounded them up and placed on a parchment covered sheet. The dough is moist - use some flour if you're shaping this way. I've made this recipe twice and raised the temp. to 375 the second time - browned better, might be just my oven, though. Very good! Thanks Marie!
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except melted butter in the pan of your bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- Check dough after 5 minutes mixing and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water (or more) if needed.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough to a lightly floured board and punch down.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half to 3/4" thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2" round biscuit cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.