Recipe by Ceezie
These beautiful rolls, enriched with butter and eggs, are a snap to make once you get the hang of shaping the braid. This recipe came from Relish Mag
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk (2% at room temperature)
- 4 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 ounce active dry yeast
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk, flour, yeast, salt, sugar, butter and eggs using a dough hook at low speed. Increase speed to medium, and mix until dough, when stretched, forms a fine membrane or window (about 15 minutes).
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 1 hour.
- Portion dough into 2-ounce balls (about the size of a small lime). Roll each ball to form a rope about 15 inches long on a lightly floured surface. Braid into a knot by rolling each 2 oz portion into a 15 inch long rope. Then make the letter P and then curl the tail of the P around to form a Q. Twist the top of the original P 180 degrees. Place on baking sheet.
- Let rolls rise 30 to 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F
- Brush rolls lightly with beaten egg. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown.