1/4 Photos of Soft Rolled Sugar Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, butter, and sugar together; stir in eggs and vanilla; stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until dough (which will be very soft at this point) comes together.
- 2Cover dough and refrigerate 6-8 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- 3Once dough is thoroughly chilled (it will be stiff at this point) roll out about 1/6" thin on a lightly floured surface; cut cookies into desired shapes and place them onto an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 4Bake at 375° for 7 minutes or just until edges of cookies begin to brown; allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes; remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- 5NOTE: Yield will depend upon size of cookies and upon how thin you roll the dough ~ Dough rolled 1/6" thick yields 48 three-inch cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Rolled Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 43.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g