Recipe by Sackville
These are delightfully soft and comforting cookies. They almost fall apart in your mouth!
Top Review by MizzNezz
OH my!!! These are SO good! I am really having trouble leaving these alone. I made the recipe as posted, no changes. This makes a lot of cookies. I love raisins, and this is the best raisin cookie recipe I've found!! Very easy. Thanks Friedel!! Definitely one I will repeat.
- 236.59 ml water
- 473.18 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml shortening or 236.59 ml butter
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 828.06 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine raisins and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook for three minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool but do not drain.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening or butter with sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Stir in nuts and raisins, along with the water the raisins were boiled inches.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.