Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a lightly spiced, lower fat cookie using a cake mix. Definitely a soft and cakey cookie - not at all crisp or chewy. From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (September/October 1999).
- 1 (9 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat first 6 ingredients until blended; stir in raisins.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges have started to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the pan before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
These were good cookies, but a little too soft for my liking. I even put them back in the oven to see if they would harden up a bit, but they were still very soft, I am still giving them a high rating, because they tasted wonderful, but I think this recipe would be suitable for a member that likes softer cookies, Thanks!