Recipe by coffeecake
My kids love raisins and they like this bread.I usually mix 2 sorts of raisins. Yummy with cream cheese! Add cinnamon and walnuts for your choice.
Top Review by MachFoodie
I really liked the soft texture of this bread. I prefer raisin bread that is mildly sweet so this recipe was perfect for me. Its sweetness comes from raisins and the dough itself is not sweet. I've tried other raisin bread recipes with more sugar. The dough did not rise very much and resulted in dense bread. In this recipe, I doubled the amount of all ingredients except for salt, cinnamon, and egg (and I did not add walnuts). I also decreased the amount of water slightly since it was very humid today. I mixed everything by hand but it was still a very easy recipe.
- 250 g bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 egg
- 120 g water
- 20 g warm water (to dissolve dry yeast)
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 90 g raisins (soaked in the rest of egg for an hour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (option)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (chopped, option)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve dry yeast in warm water.Drain raisins and dry with paper towel. Set aside.
- Add flour, sugar, salt(and cinnamon, option) to food processor(use a bread blade) and pulse a few times.
- Add yeast solution and covered with the flour.
- Start food processor and run for 90 seconds.Within 30 seconds add egg and water solution with the same speed.
- Stop machine and add butter and mix well by hand.
- Start machine again and run for 40 seconds.
- Take out dough to a bowl, and add raisins (and nuts), mix well by hand. Roll and put in the bowl.Cover with prastic wrap, let rise in a warm place(at 28C) until doubled in size (about 40 to 50 minutes).
- Punch dough and rolled again.Cover dough and rest for 20 minutes.
- Make dough 15cmx25cm size and roll up.
- Grease a loaf tin (22 x 10 x 10 cm) and put dough.Put loaf tin into a prastic bag and rise in a warm place(at 38c) for 40 mins or until the top of dough is just above the loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375F(or 180-200C).