1/1 Photo of Soft Raisin Bread
3 hrs 10 mins
My kids love raisins and they like this bread.I usually mix 2 sorts of raisins. Yummy with cream cheese! Add cinnamon and walnuts for your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve dry yeast in warm water.Drain raisins and dry with paper towel. Set aside.
- 2Add flour, sugar, salt(and cinnamon, option) to food processor(use a bread blade) and pulse a few times.
- 3Add yeast solution and covered with the flour.
- 4Start food processor and run for 90 seconds.Within 30 seconds add egg and water solution with the same speed.
- 5Stop machine and add butter and mix well by hand.
- 6Start machine again and run for 40 seconds.
- 7Take out dough to a bowl, and add raisins (and nuts), mix well by hand. Roll and put in the bowl.Cover with prastic wrap, let rise in a warm place(at 28C) until doubled in size (about 40 to 50 minutes).
- 8Punch dough and rolled again.Cover dough and rest for 20 minutes.
- 9Make dough 15cmx25cm size and roll up.
- 10Grease a loaf tin (22 x 10 x 10 cm) and put dough.Put loaf tin into a prastic bag and rise in a warm place(at 38c) for 40 mins or until the top of dough is just above the loaf tin.
- 11Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375F(or 180-200C).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Raisin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 988.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 1195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 188.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 23.0 g