Recipe by Chef Larry
Delicious, chewy pretzels are a hit at parties or just for snacking
Top Review by cupcakeRAE
This is a very easy recipe to make and best of all they make a delicious pretzel. I think the next batch I make I will brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Can't wait to make more. Great recipe to have kids help!!
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking soda
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl for your mixer, mix 2 Tablespoons warm water with yeast to dissolve.
- Stir in remaining warm water and brown sugar.
- Using the dough hook, gradually add the flour until it forms a ball.
- Turn out onto a work surface and knead until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 475f.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- Bring 2 quarts water and the baking soda to a boil.
- Cut dough into golf ball-size pieces, then roll into ½” thick “worms”.
- Boil for 30 seconds, then drain and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard, melted cheese or just eat them plain!