weekend cooker's Note:
Quick kid friendly snack for a rainy day, or for the game.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- coarse salt, for sprinkling on pretzels
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/8 cups grated swiss cheese (melted)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash pepper (optional)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1On an unfloured surface, roll each breadstick into a 20 inch rope, and twist into a pretzel shape, or cut in half for a breadstick.
- 2Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets, and brush with egg white, and sprinkle with salt.
- 3Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned, remove to a wire rack.
- 4For swiss cheese dip, melt butter for 1 minute.
- 5Blend in flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- 6Reduce`heat to low and slowly add half, and half, stirring until thickened.
- 7Add swiss cheese, and tobasco to taste, mix with a wooden spoon until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Pretzels or Breadsticks With Swiss Cheese Dip
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.9 mg
- Sodium 147.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough