Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick kid friendly snack for a rainy day, or for the game.
Make and share this Soft Pretzels or Breadsticks With Swiss Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (11 ounce) package refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- coarse salt, for sprinkling on pretzels
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄8 cups grated swiss cheese (melted)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash pepper (optional)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- On an unfloured surface, roll each breadstick into a 20 inch rope, and twist into a pretzel shape, or cut in half for a breadstick.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets, and brush with egg white, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned, remove to a wire rack.
- For swiss cheese dip, melt butter for 1 minute.
- Blend in flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Reduce`heat to low and slowly add half, and half, stirring until thickened.
- Add swiss cheese, and tobasco to taste, mix with a wooden spoon until cheese has melted.
Made for PRMR!!! These were great, the star was the dip!!! We omitted the tabasco sauce but we still loved it. Thanks