1/9 Photos of Soft Pretzels (For Bread Machines)
2 hrs 8 mins
My family just calls them Aunt Kimmie's Pretzels! These are so good--no need to go to the mall just head for the kitchen!
My Private Note
Large P ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- 2Select White Bread setting, Manual and then press Start.
- 3After the machine has completed the second rising cycle, it will beep.
- 4Remove the dough onto a very lightly floured surface.
- 5Divide into 4 parts.
- 6Divide each fourth into 3 pieces.
- 7Roll each piece into an 18 inch rope.
- 8Shape rope into a circle, overlapping about 4 inches; from each end, leaving ends free.
- 9Take one end in each hand and twist at the point where dough overlaps.
- 10Carefully lift ends across to the opposite edge of circle.
- 11Tuck ends under edge to make a pretzel shape; moisten and press ends to seal.
- 12Place on greased cookie sheet.
- 13Let rise, uncovered, until puffy, about 20 minutes.
- 14In a 3-quart saucepan, combine 2 quarts of water and 1/3 cup baking soda; bring to a boil.
- 15Lower 1 or 2 pretzels into the saucepan; simmer for 10 seconds on each side.
- 16Lift from water with a slotted spoon.
- 17Return to greased cookie sheet.
- 18Let dry briefly.
- 19Brush with 1 egg white slightly beaten.
- 20Sprinkle with course salt or sesame seeds or leave plain.
- 21If you leave them plain, after they bake dip into melted butter then in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- 22Bake at 425°F for 4 minutes; then turn cookie sheet around and bake 4 more minutes.
- 23These are so good.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Pretzels (For Bread Machines)
Serving Size: 1 (713 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g