2 hrs 18 mins
Sally Sasquatch's Note:
A great after school snack! Fun to let the kids help make, too. Although they love to eat them best of all. This recipe got the thumbs up from all three of my sons. (And I think they're yummy, too!) Prep time includes rising time. Cook time included boiling and baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the vegetable oil, salt and 1 1/2 cups flour.
- 3Stir togrther until thoroughly combined.
- 4Add remaining flour and knead dough for 5 minutes.
- 5Let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- 6Divide the dough into 12 equal shapes and reform them into small balls.
- 7Let them rest for 15 minutes.
- 8Roll them into 18" lengths and form them into pretzel shapes or cut each length in half to make sticks.
- 9Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- 10In a large pot, place the baking soda and water to a boil.
- 11Let the pretzels rise for a 1/2 hour.
- 12Add the pretzels to the boiling water for 1 minute.
- 13Remove and place on a greased sheetpan.
- 14Sprinkle with coarse salt and bake for 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (1629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1888.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g