Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by a recipe off a bag of bread stuffing cubes, I've added my own changes
- 1 loaf soft potato white bread, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) bag potato bread stuffing mix (precubed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (use Bell's brand (a combo of rosemary, oregano, sage, thyme, ginger marjoram and pepper))
- salt & pepper
- to taste fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup turkey broth (as desired for moistness)
- Melt butter or margarine in saucepan and stir in onions, celery and carrot and cook and stir until vegetables are softened and tender.
- Add in garlic if desired and cook and stir to soften and flavor.
- Stir in bread cubes and cook and stir until combined with vegetables.
- Stir in seasonings.
- The mixture will be soft but add enough broth to soften and moisturize more. Filling should be moist but neither dry or soggy.
- Serve hot or reheat in a covered casserole dish at 350F.
- Use a side dish for poultry.