Inspired by a recipe off a bag of bread stuffing cubes, I've added my own changes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf soft potato white bread, cubed into bite size pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) bag potato bread stuffing mix (precubed)
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (use Bell's brand (a combo of rosemary, oregano, sage, thyme, ginger marjoram and pepper))
- salt & pepper
- to taste fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup turkey broth (as desired for moistness)
- 1Melt butter or margarine in saucepan and stir in onions, celery and carrot and cook and stir until vegetables are softened and tender.
- 2Add in garlic if desired and cook and stir to soften and flavor.
- 3Stir in bread cubes and cook and stir until combined with vegetables.
- 4Stir in seasonings.
- 5The mixture will be soft but add enough broth to soften and moisturize more. Filling should be moist but neither dry or soggy.
- 6Serve hot or reheat in a covered casserole dish at 350F.
- 7Use a side dish for poultry.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Potato Bread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 213.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soft potato white bread
potato bread stuffing mix