Recipe by Sharon123
Comfort food! Roasting the herbs lends them an even fuller flavor, giving ghe dish it's special savor! Adapted from Caprial's Cafe Favorites cookbook.
Top Review by IngridH
Yum! I loved the nice tang that the goat cheese gives this dish- not overpowering, but you can definitely taste it. I used vegetable stock, cilantro, and mint; to mirror the herbs in the meat dish I was serving. Thanks for posting a great alternative to rice or potatoes!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 2⁄3 cup finely ground polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 ounce soft mild goat cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb (such as basil, thyme, rosemary)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over high heat until very hot. Add the garlic and shallots and saute until they begin to give off their aroma, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and heat just to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta to avoid lumps from forming. Cook until the polenta is thick, 3-4 minutes. Add the cheese and cream and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Set aside.
- In a small saute pan over high heat, cook the butter until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the herbs and immediately remove the pan from the heat. Stir the pan roasted herbs into the polenta and serve right away. Enjoy!