1/1 Photo of Soft Polenta With Roasted Herbs
Comfort food! Roasting the herbs lends them an even fuller flavor, giving ghe dish it's special savor! Adapted from Caprial's Cafe Favorites cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken)
- 2/3 cup finely ground polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 ounce soft mild goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herb (such as basil, thyme, rosemary)
- 1In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over high heat until very hot. Add the garlic and shallots and saute until they begin to give off their aroma, 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add the stock and heat just to a boil. Gradually whisk in the polenta to avoid lumps from forming. Cook until the polenta is thick, 3-4 minutes. Add the cheese and cream and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Set aside.
- 3In a small saute pan over high heat, cook the butter until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the herbs and immediately remove the pan from the heat. Stir the pan roasted herbs into the polenta and serve right away. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Polenta With Roasted Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.1
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 51.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: