Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
From Best of the Best From Michigan cookbook I received in the bi-annual cookbook swap.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- Whip butter, Crisco, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients, except oatmeal and add to creamed mixture. Mix well; then add oatmeal, last.
- Roll into balls; put about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 ° for 9-11 minutes.
My son prefers SOFT cookies, and these fit the bill! They were extremely soft and also tasty! I've never made PB cookies with oatmeal in them, but it lent a nice texture. I used plain shortening also b/c that's all I had, but would be curious how the flavor might change with butter flavor shortening.
Yummy cookies! I used all butter flavour Crisco, and half regular peanut butter, half chunky. Super simple to make, and are done quickly. One tip: make sure to take the out of the oven when they're just barely browning around the edges - this is what keeps them soft. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PRMR Tag.
Great cookies! I used plain shortening & margarine, just roll the dough, no need to roll in sugar or flatten with fork, spreads out nicely & are soft.