Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are the ultimate rich peanut butter cookie. Definitely not for every day, but great when you want a special treat, maybe for a child's birthday party or a potluck.
- Cream together shortening, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake at 375 F for about 8 minutes until golden. When you take them out, they will be a bit soft but leave them on the sheet for a couple minutes and they will continue to cook.
- Remove from the sheet and cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- Spread on one half of cool cookies and top each with another cookie.
These were great! A classic peanut butter cookie without the filling and an extra special touch with. I used a cookie scoop (like an ice cream scoop but a bit smaller) to make a uniform size/shape for the sandwich halves.
These cookies are dynamites! More on the crispy side, but delicious treats!
These are delicious! I added chocolate chips and they turned out amazingly yummy!