1/4 Photos of Soft Oven Polenta
Comfort Food! Most polenta recipes (at least the ones I've seen) call for stove-top cooking and a lot of stirring. This recipe gives excellent results without all that. This recipe was adapted from one in the L.A. Times. Give credit to their Test-kitchen staff.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- 2Spray a 2-quart oven-proof casserole with non-stick spray.
- 3Combine broth, salt, cornmeal and butter in the casserole and stir well.
- 4Bake for 40 minutes.
- 5remove from oven and add shredded cheese; stir well.
- 6Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 8Garnish with parsley to serve as a side dish, or use instead of pasta with sauces.
- 9*Note1: refrigerated leftovers will firm up, and can be fried like mush.
- 10*Note2: According to the original instructions, if you double the recipe, you must double the cooking time too.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Oven Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 890.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 8.0 g