Comfort Food! Most polenta recipes (at least the ones I've seen) call for stove-top cooking and a lot of stirring. This recipe gives excellent results without all that. This recipe was adapted from one in the L.A. Times. Give credit to their Test-kitchen staff.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Spray a 2-quart oven-proof casserole with non-stick spray.
- Combine broth, salt, cornmeal and butter in the casserole and stir well.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- remove from oven and add shredded cheese; stir well.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with parsley to serve as a side dish, or use instead of pasta with sauces.
- *Note1: refrigerated leftovers will firm up, and can be fried like mush.
- *Note2: According to the original instructions, if you double the recipe, you must double the cooking time too.