Recipe by Aunt Sukki
Delicious oatmeal cookies. I added some dried fruit that I wanted to use up (cranberries, raisins, etc..) to half of the dough. I froze both into rolls and baked a couple weeks later; they were excellent. I got the original recipe from allrecipes.com
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried fruit
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time; stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in oats.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.