1/2 Photos of Soft Oatmeal Cookies
Grandpa & Grandma Williams's Note:
Shaped in a soft mound rather than a flattened round. This recipe taken from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion is wonderfully soft and tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease ( or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add the egg, beating until fluffy, then beat in the sour cream and vanilla. Stir in the currants and oats.
- 3In a seperate bowl, mix together the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour. Add this mixture a cup at a time to the oat mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in the nuts. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- 4Using a medium cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until they're light brown. Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soft Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 50.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g