Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Quick and easy to make bread sticks for those times when you want homemade bread sticks, but do not have the time to wait for them to rise. This recipe was found at www.domesticgoddess.com and modified to our liking.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- italian seasoning (optional)
- garlic salt (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add milk to form a soft dough.
- Knead gently 3 or 4 times on a floured surface.
- Roll out into a rectangle about 10 x 5 inches and cut into 12 sticks or shape into bread sticks with your hands.
- Put the melted butter into a large baking dish (I use a 9 x 13 inch; rectangular glass dish) and turn the breadsticks to coat them with the butter or spray with butter flavored non-stick spray for a healthy alternative to butter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, Italian seasoning and/or garlic salt, if you like.
- Bake at 450°F for 14 to 18 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This is my go to recipe. Quick and easy (also makes a good pizza crust). I always double the recipe for my family of 5. I made the mistake once of adding the butter to the mix, instead of in the baking dish, and cooking them on a cookie sheet, instead of a baking dish. The result was slightly burnt crispy sticks. So I recommend using a glass baking dish and following the recipe. Making them again right now.
This is an easy and delicious recipe. Definitely use glass to bake them. I didn't have regular milk so I used vanilla hemp milk and brushed gently with grape seed oil instead of butter, as we were out. This turned out sweet, but delicious. Made whipped cinnamon butter to go along and this is now a new favorite. A great recipe.
Very good for how quick and easy it is. Got 8 breadsticks from the dough. Will definitely make again. Seemed like a lot of butter so may cut that down next time. Thanks!