Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These have ALWAYS been my favorite cookie! Every time I make them they're practically gone before they've cooled! Definitely a family favorite of ours.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to roll cookies in)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (to roll cookies in)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix shortening, sugar, and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients, stir into first mixture.
- Roll into balls the size of walnuts, and roll in mixture of 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- *** If you have trouble with your cookies not spreading out enough when they bake, just use a glass or the palm of your hand to flatten them slightly before putting in the oven.
- Bake 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet 8-10 minutes.
I think this is a great snickerdoodle recipe! I shortened the baking time to 7 mins to keep them blonde. A perfect Holiday treat! Thank you!
Sorry Nolan. Either your mom can't bake or she's a lousy teacher. Followed recipe to the letter two times and got dry, crumbly Snickerdoodles with no flavor both times.
Awesome recipe. If you let them in the oven til the middle is just starting to firm, they are nice and chewy. I added some of those cinnamon chips to the recipe for added sweet cinnamon goodness and they were a big hit.