Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Each square has 5g whole grains, 122 calories, 6g fat, 2 g protein, 9g complex carbohydrates, & 9g sugar, 1g fiber. I think next time I'd try this with a little less sugar and maybe sub part of the butter with peanut butter. I threw in a handful of mini semisweet chocolate chips, but I don't really think it added anything to the bars. They were very soft, chewy, and yummy.
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 0.59 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml pitted dates, chopped
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- Scoop the batter into a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- It will make a very thin layer. Bake at 350 degrees 22 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and lighter brown in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool.