Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Each square has 5g whole grains, 122 calories, 6g fat, 2 g protein, 9g complex carbohydrates, & 9g sugar, 1g fiber. I think next time I'd try this with a little less sugar and maybe sub part of the butter with peanut butter. I threw in a handful of mini semisweet chocolate chips, but I don't really think it added anything to the bars. They were very soft, chewy, and yummy.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Scoop the batter into a 9x13-inch greased pan.
- It will make a very thin layer. Bake at 350 degrees 22 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and lighter brown in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool.